Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+9
thuder87
Confucioun
DerChrisi
mattyla
Sunfire93
sedahades
arthurinvisible
TimeSlinger
needamedic1977
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
needamedic1977
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
needamedic1977

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 03:32

PS3 server is down and could be down for days according to news reports, I ve tried all day. I have to kill someone, this sucks. (withdraw) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 03:45

ya man. it sucks. i hope they figure it out soon. i'm not sure they have any clue what is happening yet. surely they would make an announcement to their customers if they knew. tried playing campaign to settle the urge, but that didn't work.
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 03:46

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 05:17

yeah could be 1 - 2 days before its up again. it apparently has something to do with a legal battle between SCEA and a hacker that was charged with providing jailbreaks to its opperating system a while back. and some protesters have hacked the system so Sony needs time to find the root to the hack before they can de-bug it. its for the best i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Sunfire93

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 06:42

That's not entirely true. After 24 hours, Sony has yet to announce the 'problem' and what they have been working on. Also, that hacker's name is George Hotz, aka geohot, notorious for his creation of the blackrain software which jailbreaks the Apple products. IIRC 2 weeks? ago the PSN went down, for maybe 2-3 hours, this was geohot, but he then digressed and stopped with his actions realizing that not only is he sabotaging Sony servers, but he is also angering the Playstation community.

So, yeah. I've read many rumors of what people 'think' is going on, from a Japan server going down and having to re-structure it all the way to the Anonymous hacker(s). All just speculation until Sony announces something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 11:37

ha i didnt even know the server was down till i read this, but this is Sony we get to play online for free so i'm not really gonna complain just deal with it & in a day it'll be back up & running.
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 15:43

Someone find that link that went up last year on February 29th when the PSN was down for a couple of days.. they not announcing anything on there?

What does Derchrisi think? I don't believe anything about PSN unless he tells me lol Cool
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 15:45

sedahades wrote:
it apparently has something to do with a legal battle between SCEA and a hacker

'apparently'... lol

elephant
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 17:29

maybe there are just some server issues

or problems with the last ps home update

or anonymous (but they already said no)

or (just my own thought) problems with the new steam stuff (in portal 2, pc and ps3 players can play together over steam)
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Apr 2011, 17:30

mattyla wrote:
What does Derchrisi think? I don't believe anything about PSN unless he tells me lol Cool

whos ur daddy? Cool
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 11:35

DerChrisi wrote:
mattyla wrote:

whos ur daddy? Cool

hahahahaha xd Laughing

Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 15:44

oh good, I always think my POS is the only thing that cannot connect....its for the best for me anyway, my bro is in and he isnt in to watching me kill people on the internet and talk shit.....we played mortal kombat all night in team ladder, so that shit was fun, the x-ray moves are cool and I always get a kick outta the fatalities.
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 20:00

DerChrisi wrote:
mattyla wrote:

whos ur daddy? Cool

I will admit, when it comes to finding shit out about what is wrong with the internet, you are better than me

Put us on opposite teams in COD and we both i'm owning you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
needamedic1977
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
needamedic1977

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 23:45

Its still down, this is starting to make me MAD, I have the whole weekend off. I guess I get some work done around the house!!
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 00:45

trophy time! Smile
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 00:57

mattyla wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:
mattyla wrote:

whos ur daddy? Cool

I will admit, when it comes to finding shit out about what is wrong with the internet, you are better than me

since i know lots of shit bouts the internet (u admitted it) , i know that i'll own u.

my 16ms / 1.9 up / 20 down internetz > ur 'i live on a island' internetz

in cod itz all about teh connectionz doood Cool
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 18:09

DerChrisi wrote:
mattyla wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:
mattyla wrote:

whos ur daddy? Cool

since i know lots of shit bouts the internet (u admitted it) , i know that i'll own u.

my 16ms / 1.9 up / 20 down internetz > ur 'i live on a island' internetz

in cod itz all about teh connectionz doood Cool

oooooooowwwhhhhhhh battle, battle, battle!!!
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 18:54

Der 'Every time I host a game my PS3 dies' Chrisi

Suck it up woman Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 18:58

The way Sony are sounding on their blogs makes me think it's going to a while longer yet folks Sad

Hopefully it's fixed by Friday so i'm not forced to watch the fucking Royal Wedding
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 19:24

mattyla wrote:
The way Sony are sounding on their blogs makes me think it's going to a while longer yet folks Sad

Hopefully it's fixed by Friday so i'm not forced to watch the fucking Royal Wedding

lol king queen No

Ya, they are saying they shut down the network because of intrusion and to prevent secure info from being accessed. sounds like BS to me, but I beleive they were hacked, but they make it sound like they caught it happening. Anyway, they are increasing security which means they are writing more programming and that could take a bit of time.
I think it is funny how gamers are getting pissed off and wanting something in return. Hell, let's take sony to court for pain and suffering of not having the PSN. what a bunch of crybabies.
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 21:45

last rumor is that it was a attack against their servers to get the admin account informations.

Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 22:29

DerChrisi wrote:
last rumor is that it was a attack against their servers to get the admin account informations.

That's what they are saying, but they also said that it would be 1-2 days. I doubt they will tell the whole story. it's easier to blame the hackers so people get mad at them instead of Sony. If the account info is why, don't you think they would have it in lock down pretty quick?
Back to top Go down
Savage_Soul19
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Savage_Soul19

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011, 08:14

its hackers.... but atleast i got 2 platinums while this is going on
Back to top Go down
needamedic1977
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
needamedic1977

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011, 20:47

I know its free, but this sucks. Five days now. Come on and get this fixed already. This does effect millions of people around the world on multiple game fronts. i wouldn't put it past them if they didn'tgive us something like duoble xp point weekend or week. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011, 23:50

sedahades wrote:
trophy time! Smile

1st time I have ever played single player campaign.....new recruit status for me!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!   PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 server is down!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Lobby-
Jump to: