Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
College Football Empty

College Football

Go down 
+2
TimeSlinger
thuder87
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173
Registration date : 2009-03-03

College Football Empty
PostSubject: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 04:01

Post your team, how they are doing, BS about anything and everything college football....

Ill leave this as sticky through the year!

I have Pitt season tickets, mostly cause they are cheap and they play in an awesome stadium (hienz field) we had our home opener this sat against Youngstown State, and had Rib Fest right outside the gates, so yea it was a great weekend! We won handly.....

Next game is Buffalo at B then back to Hienz against Navy and fireworks night, we love our fireworks in Pittsburgh!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 09:02

HA. Former Husker is Buffalo's coach. Pitt will lose!!!

GO HUSKERS!! Home opener 49-3. Long season though. A lot of big games to play and not enought time to mature. Too many fresh, sopghs, and juns on this team. That what happens when you get a NFL coach for a few years.

Good luck thud next week!! Buff aint as hot this year.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 17:48

Game of the week:

Ohio State and USC: apparently if OSU loses then the big 10 no longer has any credit whatsoever, of course, USC is ranked 3rd starting a freshman quarterback....first time in school history

Inseconsequential game of the week:

Notre Dame and Michigan......ND is ranked but both teams beat the shit out of tiny schools last week.......matty feel freee to correct that spelling Smile
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 19:20

i think the big10 still is a great conf..
its no longer the best, true.....
SEC, Big12, then the Big 10 and Pac 12.

theyll rebound eventually.
go U of MN =)
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 01:29

good games, good games

OSU should have won that game, good job to USC for pulling it out.

Pitt crushed Buffalo 54-27 and ND went down to Michigan....lots of ranked teams lost (OVERRATED?!!!) its so diff to move up sign if you do not start high......
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 18:35

Another weekend of football games, oh how I love the fall.....

I wont be on tonight as I have tickets to the PITT v Navy Game, Hail To PITT!!!! It starts at 6:00pm so I wont be home probably till after midnight, hopefuuly we can stop off at pirmanti brothers and get some of the good stuff. Good luck all.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 19:33

OK, so I love college football, but here is why it SUCKS!

I turn on tv and 4th ranked Alabama is playing North Texas, when did they even become a school, is that a high school team, please

5 PSU is playing their 3rd straight high school team, Temple.

11 Ohio State playing Toledo, how many damn colleges does Ohio actually have?!

8 California playing Minn, a lil better but jesus, these games are lame!
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 10:18

I hear ya Thud. Let it all out man..
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 10:53

Well, both my teams lost today. USC fell and Univ. of Hawaii lost in the last minute of the game!!!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 16:00

The only ranked vs ranked game yesterday was NE(19) vc VaTech(13). It actually felt like the refs were going to decide who won. Final score 16-15, Va Tech. We had them fucking beat to. Fucking refs right before half time fucked us out of field goal range. It was 4th and goal from the 45 or something, total bullshit calls.

Yea thud, I know what your talking about. Many teams are scheduling light games now a days. With the AP you need to have a nearly perfect record to make a decent bowl. If you put a bunch of high school like teams on the schedule your chance for a better bowl is more likely. THis makes the season games crappy.

Bad break Headteam with USC. That was a tough one to handle.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 17:00

Sorry man, saw the score on the board at the game.......

The worst part about the rankings is it gets harder and harder to jump up the later it gets in the year, so USC might not even drop outta top 20, which the should washington was hhhhhooooorrrriiiibbbllleee............

They should not rank anyone until after week 4.......and they should be required to play 2 in-conference games within that time.

Oh, well...........Pitt beat Navy 27-14, Hail to PITT!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 21:44

Check out what some funny ass mother fucker made!! This is very cleaver!

Husker fans love their football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuGqPKP3xw
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 00:17

This is what I mean by Husker fans and their football. Who wouldn't want to come play in the most intense game of their lives?? Visiting here is something nobody forgets!!

http://www.espn1420.com/SportsBlogs/tabid/3710/EntryID/6695/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 23:35

ok, so wtf? these polls seem to be less correct every week, not like they are pumping up the big programs or anything, I mean seriously, ole miss sucked hard, what a travesty that college football is fixed, big schools get high ranks (PSU< USC Florida) play all cupcake games but 2 and get a chance to play for national title, what bullshit, oh and did someone say miami was back, LMAO they got BEAT DOWN as well as CAL, PAC - 10 sucks!!!

its like Duke every year is preason top 10, news flash christian latnier doesnt play for them anymore!!!!!!

ok so part of this rant is due to all PA teams losing except Philly, tear drops keep falling from my eyes Sad
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 00:00

ok, so there is like 3 games where teams are ranked that are playing each other coming up.......I still think its kinda pathetic since there are 25 ranked teams, but who am I to critisize padding the stats?!! LOL
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 00:18

I agree.

On another note at the time. NE(19) lost by 1 point to VA Tech(13). They move up 4 spots and we lost 6. How the hell does that work? I know we didn't have any TD's, but we lost by one fucking play at the end of the game. Come on they didn't deserve to move up or at least we should have moved up also. I'm not say that they aren't a good team, but in the game NE was the better team. The ranking system is fucked up and all the team schedules are rigged to try and get a better bowl game.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 00:43

right and they were ranked higher, should not the fact that you gave them a hell of a game move you up over someone who lost to an unranked school......damn subjective reasoning!!!!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 02:10

They did roll Miami, though. That was an awesome game. We will be back up to the top shortly.
Back to top Go down
Podestiny
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Podestiny

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-10

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 06:57

Go IRISH!!!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 22:10

Anyone watch NE @ Mizzou game on ESPN last night? That was a great game to watch.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Oct 2009, 23:34

yea, huskers laid an egg till the 4th quarter, i thought that coach was going to whip soneones ass, and then wham they laid the smack down on mizz.....way to go huskers!

FYI Pitt plays UConn 3:30 tomorrow afternoon, thats where ill be....HAIL TO PITT!!!
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 18:30

slinger, damn man nebraska and pitt lost very close games.......texas beat nebraska on a last minute field goal and pitt lost 45-44 on a last minute TD, we botched an extra point on our TD with 1:30 left and well cincy offense is just too explosive

side note for pitt game......I dont usually blame refs, you can not really point to a play that makes or breaks a game, esp when each team scores more than 40 points, but pitt had 2 unsportmanlike conduct calls that were BS, one the guy with the ball still had both feet in bounds and the called a late hit out of bounds, literally still was inbounds, one for helmet to helmet in the endzone, on replay he hit with his shoulder, 2 pass interfernce calls in the endzone, one on an uncatchable ball.....the refs gave cincy 2 TD that would have been field goals otherwise.....

oh well, im done crying (for now) bowl selection is tonight, good luck evertyone! if pitt goes to FL I migjht go and watch
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 19:19

We were so close to knocking off Texas. Man, I wanted it so bad. My cousing was in the fourth row of one of the endzones. Boy that would have been a great place to be.

I would like to blame our loss on the Refs, which there were a couple BS calls, but it comes down to it we couldn't get in the fucking endzone. Our chance to put the nail in the coffin- return a punt down to the 10yrd line. First and goal and we have to settle for a fucking field goal. 3 shitty play calls. Fuck strategy, get the ball across the fucking goal line. Our kicker is the best player on our team, but he should be kicking extra points, not field goals. OK i'm done.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 16:41

bowl season is almost over, im rooting for texas over bama for the championship. big ten represented well this year i thought and proved its still one of the top confs. we won all our ranked bowl games
wisc over miami
penn over lsu
ohio over oregon
iowa over georgia tech

and even tho we lost the 3 unranked games, they were all close.
mn lost by 1pt
northwestern lost in OT
michigan state lost from a 4th Q rally

big ten is the real deal!
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2010, 03:37

Let's go Bama! Sorry, I was never really a fan of Colt McCoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

College Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football
Page 1 of 1