Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Winter Olympics Empty

Winter Olympics

Go down 
+7
thuder87
HeadTeam3
arthurinvisible
TimeSlinger
Vish_88
applc
BlueJackeL
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who will win the Mens Hockey gold medel this year?
Canada
Winter Olympics I_vote_lcap69%Winter Olympics I_vote_rcap
 69% [ 11 ]
Czech Republic
Winter Olympics I_vote_lcap0%Winter Olympics I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Finland
 0% [ 0 ]
Russia
Winter Olympics I_vote_lcap6%Winter Olympics I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Sweden
 0% [ 0 ]
Switzerland
 0% [ 0 ]
United States
Winter Olympics I_vote_lcap13%Winter Olympics I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Other
Winter Olympics I_vote_lcap12%Winter Olympics I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 11:27

Who is watching? What are you watching?

Im not as much of the Winter Games, but its been exciting. USA taking the womens moguls on the last run over Canada. My fellow Koreans botching the mens 1500m speedskating in the last 20m. The mens Nordic combined with Spillane missing gold in the last 5m. There have been some pretty crazy moments.

Congrats to the Canucks on their first home gold medel =)
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
applc
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 23:36

BlueJackeL wrote:

Congrats to the Canucks on their first home gold medel =)

Yeah how sad is that? Only took us 3 Olympics to acheive it! Still though, lots of happy Canadians on the Vancouver streets after that one. cheers As for hockey, my head says Russia this year, but my heart is going with Canada. Duh.

Been lots of crazy moments this year. How about Ohno winning silver after being out of the medals with 1 turn to go in the race? Short track skating is awesome to watch. What a sport! Those pesky Americans also stole another gold from Canada at the last moment in Snowboard racing too. Dam good race to watch though!
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010, 21:03

HUH? There are Olympics on...?

Smile
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010, 02:46

Vish_88 wrote:

Smile

VISH YOU ARE A DOUCHE BAG. Exclamation

You're right blue, it has been crazy. I've been watching quite a bit of it. Congrat to the candinanians on their gold as well.
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 06:26

im just waiting for the curling Razz
Back to top Go down
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 07:32

i just watched the curling preview Razz let's go US! also, anyone see Shaun White's Double McTwist 1260? that was insane!
Back to top Go down
applc
Captain
Captain

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 17:26

HeadTeam3 wrote:
i just watched the curling preview Razz let's go US! also, anyone see Shaun White's Double McTwist 1260? that was insane!

Fuck me that guy is unbelievable! Mad props to him. I've not seen someone so absolutely dominant in their own sport since Tiger Woods made cheating on his wife a sport, er, I mean since he started in the PGA.
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010, 19:54

arthurinvisible wrote:
im just waiting for the curling Razz

Watched it yesterday for a few hours. Caught some in my booth during lunch, a little at home in the afternoon, and some at the Doc's office last night. Everywhere I went there was curling, so I had to watche it. And that Denmark womens team has a couple pretty hot sisters playing on it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010, 19:07

TimeSlinger wrote:
Vish_88 wrote:

Smile

VISH YOU ARE A DOUCHE BAG. Exclamation

You're right blue, it has been crazy. I've been watching quite a bit of it. Congrat to the candinanians on their gold as well.

LMAO.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010, 22:44

wow, usa over canada 5-3.....
its only one game, but what a game.
if they keep this up, the gold is travelling south of the border this time round!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 01:38

BlueJackeL wrote:
wow, usa over canada 5-3.....
its only one game, but what a game.
if they keep this up, the gold is travelling south of the border this time round!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 01:47

and...did anyone ssee the russsia czech game, i guess it was really good as well...malkin 2 goals.....basically this O. hockey is current penguins vs current and ex-penguins.....hehe
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Number of posts : 1463

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 02:59

What a game!.... Let me just tell you something.. Canada dominated that game.. USA had a awesome goalie, if it wasn't for him, we would of won. The last 2 minutes of the game, was the best... BEST i've ever seen someone play. The domination of being in their zone and passing it, and making plays! Unbelievable! You gotta admit that USA couldn't even make plays.. and if My lover boy Brodeur would of stayed in his nets, we would of probably won.

Just to let you know.. this is just a little detour to the gold medal... don't get your hopes up Americanos, Gold is coming home baby!
Back to top Go down
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 08:24

Janie007 wrote:
Just to let you know.. this is just a little detour to the gold medal... don't get your hopes up Americanos, Gold is coming home baby!

pshhhh dream on! let's go USA!!
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 14:45

canada was playing catch up pretty much the entire game even if they were domintating possesion. when usa went up 4-2 near the beginning of the 3rd period, it was pretty much sealed in my mind =)

still a long way to go in the tourney, but im liking usa's chances more and more. canada is gonna have to regroup quick. a loss to usa, a near loss to the swiss, and a tough upcoming match against russia (assuming they dont fall on their face against germany).

gonna be exciting......
=)
Back to top Go down
applc
Captain
Captain

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010, 23:31

[quote="Janie007"] and if My lover boy Brodeur would of stayed in his nets, we would of probably won. [quote]

Sorry Janie, but as soon as Brodeur was named to the team, I groaned. He WAS great, but he's washed up. Everyone knows the book on Brodeur. Make him come out of the net and pressure him while he's playing the puck. OR come down the left wing, slapshot from the hash marks, and put it over his left shoulder. Every NHL team knows that. Hell, that's how the Swiss got their first (or second?) goal on him. He can't stop that shot if his life depended on it. Add to that Luongo is something like 9-3 in the last month, while Brodeur and Fleury are both .500. In summary, Luongo has GOT to play. Sorry, I love Brodeur, but he's done.

As for the US game, yes, we did absolutely dominate the play. It was amazing to watch. But it came down to goalies, as it usually does in these games. Their's was spectacular, while ours sucked. End of story. Having said all that, I agree, Canada still takes gold......as long as Luongo goes in net.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 00:32

Canada = all-stars

USA = role players....

NEVER underestimate role players abilities to play together vs. a bunch of all-stars.
Back to top Go down
applc
Captain
Captain

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 04:25

Thanks Americans for waking up our team! cheers

And you got a lot more than just role players on your team thud. Don't sell yourselves short. You guys played a great game. Kudos.
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 05:13

.. Anyone else watching the same game as I am tonight? I can't believe how many people said, we will definatly beat Russia... well.... its 7-3 after the 2nd period!
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 05:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 05:19

You should all watch that video. Beautiful. Proud to be Canadian! Smile
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010, 21:56

I'm so proud of you Janie.
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010, 20:47

So.. Congrats on Canada's Women Hockey Team for beating USA!! & Another GOLD for us.. We'll just have to see if the guys can beat Mr. Chara to the net this time tonight... and then it's time to crush the americans.. haha.. As long as Brodeur stays in nets, which I doubt they'll let him a chance to be on the ice now... Fucker.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 18:58

Janie007 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

scratch So your like Robin and we are Batman tongue Razz
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010, 19:02

When is the next game, the schedule thing on TV is sh@t.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Take a Break-
Jump to: