Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Newest replies and the top or bottom? Empty

Newest replies and the top or bottom?

Go down 
2 posters

Do you want the newest post replies at the beginning or end of the thread?
Beginning
Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_vote_lcap0%Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
End
Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_vote_lcap100%Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2009, 10:59

ray brought up a good point, what is better: the newest reply at the top or at the bottom?

at the top, means as soon as you open the thread, walaa, the last posted response is there. pretty convenient. but then you wouldnt know what the original post was or if there is information like clan apps and leaderboards, you have to scroll down until you find it. as it is, the default is newest post on the bottom, and if you click on "last post" from the main page, it will bring you to the end of that post - the last post.

either way is fine for me. just want to make it consistent. vote your preferred viewing style and will change it accordingly.
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2009, 19:40

Well, on oosclan.com, in the preferences, you can choose reverse Chronological order. Not everyone likes it that way.

Default should be Oldest post first.

There should be an option in the preferences of your profile to list replies in reverse chron.

In the event of polls, the poll results should always be on top. On the old site, even though I have it set for reverse chron, all polls open oldest first.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Mar 2009, 19:44

my apologies ray, i think that may be one of many shortcomings on this forum, i cant see an option to let the user choose, only one or the other. but ill keep looking into it.

for now, please bear with it =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2009, 03:04

Hey, it's all good man! I'll get used to it.

Is there a way that when you open a topic, it will open up on the newest post? So that way, we won't have to page and page to the new message?

Example:

A topic has 200 replies and I read them all as they were posted. Now, someone posts so there are 201.

Can it open on post 201?

Do you follow?
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2009, 10:29

yes, from the front page, or when you open a catagory, look to the right column "last post".
if you click on the arrow link, it should automatically brings u to the last post of that topic.

also when you first sign on, in the upper right hand corner, there are 3 lines, one of them is "view posts since last visit". its an easier organized way to read them all at once.

Newest replies and the top or bottom? Untitled1

Last edited by BlueJackeL on Thu 05 Mar 2009, 17:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Mar 2009, 17:03

Ahh Haa!

Thanks for pointing that out. All is good now. Cool
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Mar 2009, 21:35

Poll Closed:
Final vote
0 - Beginning
2 - End
Back to top Go down
Savage_Soul19
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Savage_Soul19

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Mar 2009, 05:35

thnks that helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newest replies and the top or bottom?   Newest replies and the top or bottom? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newest replies and the top or bottom?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Technical Issues-
Jump to: