Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
childhood cartoons & games Empty

childhood cartoons & games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: childhood cartoons & games   childhood cartoons & games I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Jul 2013, 07:32

Just wanted to make a fun thread. Smile

I have so many memories of classic games and cartoons growing up. Gaming was becoming extremely popular at the time (aprx 20 years ago) online gaming and 3d were completely unheard of, same goes for the new fancy computer animated cartoons we have now.

When u were children, what were your favorite cartoons and video games growing up?

My first game console was a turbo grafx16 only game I had forever was bonks adventure. I was never able to beat it due to the fact that I was like 4 or 5. When I was maybe 7, I got the NES. I must have wasted half of my child hood playing games like mario, duckhunt, tiger-heli, and the two original zeldas. I still play these classics from time to time.

My personal favorite game for nes had to be zelda 1. Amazing to play even today. Then came the SNES which in my opinion was the greatest gaming console ever made. Fav game for it... Zelda haha if not that then it was mariokart all the way lol

Nintendo 64... Well, it was innovative for its time but for me it could never hold upto the SNES. I played a lot of the zelda games ofcourse but my favorite game was always goldeneye 007, it was my first taste of multiplayer tdms lol 4 players but still more "multi" then iv ever played in that time. After these was my ps2 which all I played at all was pretty much just san andreas then the PS3 era, and well.. If u check my trophies then the story would tell itself Smile

Cartoons I can hardly remember as video games were usually my thing. But I was a huuge fan of Mighty Max. I even had all the toys that followed the show. (Interesting factoid: the Mighty Max toys were the inspiration behind the popular polly pocket toys for girls. Almost a complete rip off. Same thing but changed to suit girls)

Srry for a huge post but iv been terribly bored this evening.

So..? What do u remember? And what was your favorite?
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: childhood cartoons & games   childhood cartoons & games I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Aug 2013, 19:35

I always liked my buddy's coleco (spelling?), it had the best donkey kong (compared to the one I was used to playing).....and as far as favorite games I wasted a bit of time on contra, zelda and the first of sega's sonic the hedge hog, also liked castlevania and strider. Cartoons I think were a lot better cause they were on once a week, so they had a little more substance and story line. Voltron, thundercats....

some of the crap my kids watch is just terrible, pokemon---anime shit is terrible
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: childhood cartoons & games   childhood cartoons & games I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Sep 2013, 22:11

anime will always escape me lol sometimes it seems it was made for "special" people. i will admit, at the age of 12 or so i had me quite the collection of pokemon cards Smile but when the fad died out so did my interest. i still have all my pogs and marbles aswell, they are well before pokemon. i think the marble fad was when i was in grade 1 LOL

i wasted alot of hours with castlevania.. specifically castlevania 2 (simons quest) as i was never a nintendo power subscriber and i had to find out how to beat it from friends at school. contra... PISSED me off lol almost as much as ninja guiden 3, though they were still great games. and then sonic... ahhh sonic... classic
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: childhood cartoons & games   childhood cartoons & games I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Sep 2013, 20:47

Zelda on the snes ofmg the awesomeness! They have the zelda theme on that Magic Piano game in iTunes ha ha takes me back

I loved bubble bobble on the c64 when I was like 8 as well, that was fookin brilliant
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: childhood cartoons & games   childhood cartoons & games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

childhood cartoons & games
Page 1 of 1