Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
'R3' release date? -_- Empty

'R3' release date? -_-

Go down 
+3
thuder87
mattyla
sedahades
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 23:41

There has been yet another Resistance 3 sighting, this time by online retailer eStarland. According to a retail listing on the site, the Chimera will launch their next attack on March 24, 2011.

The synopsis also provides a brief plot summary, stating, "Continue the fight against the Chimera invasion in Resistance 3, as the battle moves to New York City and humanity makes its final stand." How "final" is this final stand going to be? Will this be the last of the Resistance titles? Or is all that just marketing hyperbole to drum up more interest in the game?

This isn't the first time the existence of Resistance 3 has been leaked, as it also showed up on a billboard on a movie set late last year. Furthermore, Sony sent out a survey in March asking gamers if they'd be interested in a new Resistance title. So basically, in true Sony fashion, this game is fast becoming the worst-kept secret in gaming.

So what about the release date, is March a feasible time to launch the game? In a lot of ways it's a puzzler because it's not a month when major games typically debut. Then again, Sony may be trying to keep Resistance out of the holiday feeding frenzy in order to create some space and give the game a better shot at success.

One thing that's truly weird about all this is that Sony hasn't shown the game to the public yet and it's rumored to be showing up in less than a year. No announcements at GDC or E3, and nothing so far at Comic Con. If TGS comes and goes without word of Resistance 3 then it would be a fairly big surprise to see such a big-name platform exclusive launch early next year without a major show announcement.

We continue to wait for official confirmation from Sony or Insomniac but so far nobody's talking.

here is the link showing the R3 logo, sale price, and RELEASE DATE!

do i beleive this is true? its very possible
here is supposed release date : 03/24/11
what u guys think? real or just more hype?
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010, 23:48

link: http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12711
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 20:27

March 24 would be a kick ass release date, 2 days after my birthday... do we do birthday presents in oos? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 22:21

sure we do matty and I think ill take a couple days off just to get a good start into game play, sounds stupid I know but i have this week off and nothing to do till thursday (traveling to jersey for a wedding)

It does seem like a weird date though dont you think? I mean there would be a huge sale I would think if they could do late nov 1st of dec since camp of duty is putting one out a lil earlier
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 23:04

Omg i cant wait Sad
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 23:37

March 24th would more or less coincide with the 4th anniversary of the UK release of the PS3 and R1, if that means anything.

2007 was also a good birthday Smile
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 17:25

basically this states they may not want to relese it in november - early december because thats when all the other HOT titles are being released, so rather than compete with all theses names (especially so close to the holiday season) they will release it in march that way its basically the only hot title comming out at the time making it a high seller, as most ppl will have already purchased the november releases, and the craze for them wont be as high as when they decide to market Resistance 3, makes sence to me, seems Insomniac just dont want to compete with the new games comming out already like.. KZ3
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 20:59

Don't want to compete or CAN'T compete, yeah.. R2 was such a let down is there really that much expectancy or interest in R3?

I seriously doubt it would be anywhere near out-selling Killzone3 if they were released at the same time.
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 00:08

if R3 is anything online like R2 was, it will be a flop. and yeah R3 wont outsell KZ3 lol, im personally VERY INTERESTED in R3 but yeah i also have my doubts. but insomniac must have knowledge that their last resistance game got very bad reveiws from like 90 percent of its fans, i have high hopes but im not holding my breath.

when R3 is released, im dropping R1 completly Smile
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 00:44

Hell, they could probably release R1 as R3 and do way better than R2 did. HAHA.
Back to top Go down
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Sunfire93

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 01:54

What was wrong with R2...?
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 08:15

Sunfire93 wrote:

ignore the dödel... Cool he just don't like games where he suck. Razz
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 16:59

R2 patch was no fun, sniper wraith and slooooow as shit when you steal the power core.....it was a lot of fun when more people played hard to get a good game after, arty and I tried some but ended up playing like 3 on 3 matches in huge maps, it sucked......compared to R1 though it was a let down, very cartoonish......it should have been named something else.
Back to top Go down
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
sedahades

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 17:27

Sunfire93 wrote:
what wasnt wrong with R2? lol

awsome idea: classic maps for R3 like rooftops, manchester, camborne ect.
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 19:23

DerChrisi wrote:
Sunfire93 wrote:

ignore the dödel... Cool he just don't like games where he suck. Razz

Shocked look at my stats. I suck at all games!! Sad Of corse I dont' care about my stats or try and improve them.
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 19:27

Sunfire93 wrote:

so you think R2 was better than R1? scratch

I agree it was a let down. guns, maps, game modes all sucked in my opinions. The only thing I enjoyed was Coop and killing bots is only fun for so long.
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 21:04

ur good at KZ2 and FOM 1 hit kill.

R2 was good, same as Rfom. i dont like it that people say r2 sux, because its different. it's JUST different, it's not bad. if people want the same game every year, they should play only CoD. it's always the same, just new maps and weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Sunfire93

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 21:42

DerChrisi wrote:

R2 was good, same as Rfom. i dont like it that people say r2 sux, because its different. it's JUST different, it's not bad. if people want the same game every year, they should play only CoD. it's always the same, just new maps and weapons.

Exactly.

Everyone keeps saying that they wanted R2 more like R1. Why? Change is not always so bad. Say, they did implement the same dynamics as R1. Chances are, more than half of the community would be complaining that they had 2 years to visually and mechanically improve their game, yet they didn't.

In a sense, they followed what the community liked and based R2 like a CoD game ie) class set-up, secondary weapon, killstreak/berserk.

Having an idea for classic maps is irrelevant at this point as the game hasn't even come out with screenshots or gameplay. How would you know that the guns and whatever else they put will work in previous maps?

Multiplayer was very good in this game. Competitive online was almost the same as R1 online and co-op was a very nice feature. Matchmaking may have been bad, but what game doesn't have bad matchmaking?

thuder, that patch had to be put into place since too many people were abusing the Ironheart berserk when grabbing the core.
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 23:45

thuder87 wrote:
R2 patch was no fun, sniper wraith and slooooow as shit when you steal the power core.....it was a lot of fun when more people played hard to get a good game after, arty and I tried some but ended up playing like 3 on 3 matches in huge maps, it sucked......compared to R1 though it was a let down, very cartoonish......it should have been named something else.
woaw....

Huge map you say? i wouldn't expact that when you play with 59 other people :O

TimeSlinger wrote:
Sunfire93 wrote:

so you think R2 was better than R1? scratch

I agree it was a let down. guns, maps, game modes all sucked in my opinions. The only thing I enjoyed was Coop and killing bots is only fun for so long.
the only thing that let me down was when i started playing it after my like 6-7 months break was that you guys were playing other games.....

i was alone Sad
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 01:04

DerChrisi wrote:

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 01:12

TimeSlinger wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:

Embarassed

Is that your dog?
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 01:22

Confucioun wrote:
TimeSlinger wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:

Embarassed

Is that your dog?

u talkin about my profile pic?? that's one of my dogs. he's my huntin buddy that brings back all the birds I shoot.
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:27

TimeSlinger wrote:
Confucioun wrote:
TimeSlinger wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:

Embarassed

Is that your dog?

u talkin about my profile pic?? that's one of my dogs. he's my huntin buddy that brings back all the birds I shoot.

he's cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 16:04

Sunfire93 wrote:

thuder, that patch had to be put into place since too many people were abusing the Ironheart berserk when grabbing the core.

me!!! cheers

But it was still hard to capture the damn thing

arty was one of the best, literally ranked......
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 16:08

TimeSlinger wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:

Embarassed

And you play to win, stats dont mean shit, its winning, I am still negative in MW2, but I have a good win/loss cause I play to win and I play mosh pit, I get dominator all the time, esp when I go 5-30...though in a game like mw2 you need someone to lay back and rack up some kill streaks, helps a ton, and peeps like sunfire just merc people and do the point of the game......

lately I have been trying to unlock mastery of the weapons....I have a lot so far, just got 2 more snipers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'R3' release date? -_-   'R3' release date? -_- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'R3' release date? -_-
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Lobby-
Jump to: