Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
did anyone get an ipad? Empty

did anyone get an ipad?

Go down 
+6
alphacole
HeadTeam3
DerChrisi
thuder87
Vish_88
BlueJackeL
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 20:44

anyone get an ipad yet? what are your thoughts?

i think eventually i might buy one. but will wait for gen2. at least with the iphone there was a huge difference between gen 1 and 2. plus i have no real great need for an ipad besides that it seems pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 21:50

It's just a big iPhone.

No point bro.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Apr 2010, 23:32

bigger than phone, smaller than laptop......does more than phone, less than laptop, costs more than laptop....its a no here.....
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 00:33

i think if youre gonna get an ereader like the kindle, the ipad is the way to go.

that said, i agree with thuder for the current version. but i think by the time gen 2 comes along, itll be able to do as much as a netbook and have better portability. and seems like developers will have made some pretty cool games for it by then as well. hence i would consider buying it at that point.

as much as the iphone is cool vish, surfing internet and watching videos or reading books on a screen that small for prolonged periods i.e. longer than 5mins, is not ideal.
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 07:47

its useless imo....

just a new toy for cool kids and apple fanboys... Razz
Back to top Go down
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Apr 2010, 10:09

no flash player = no deal
Back to top Go down
alphacole
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
alphacole

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 18:01

Bluejackel - I'm avid reader and was thinking of getting a kindle but if you say ipad is worth I'm getting it. It's will be better to sneak at work then a book.

Gotta read my vampire books. Laughing

Anyone currently reading any series I'm currently reading 7 different paranormal series.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 21:13

def look into it. =)

some ppl say that the kindle e-ink is easier to read/easier on the eyes. id take a look yourself to see which you prefer. i think the kindle gets 14hrs of battery whilst the ipad only gets 10-11hrs, but thats using the ipad to also play video, surf the net, send emails, and play games. which the kindle cant. and in colour, which the kindle isnt. plus you can store all your music, podcasts, and tv shows on it just like an ipod/iphone but much bigger screen.
Back to top Go down
needamedic1977
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
needamedic1977

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 14:02

DerChrisi wrote:
its useless imo....

just a new toy for cool kids and apple fanboys... Razz

I agree cheers
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010, 15:25

thuder87 wrote:
bigger than phone, smaller than laptop......does more than phone, less than laptop, costs more than laptop....its a no here.....

Not really, it can't make calls or send text messages Smile

If you are gonna get that for reading, then proper e-readers are the way to go.

ipad runs iPhone OS, right?
Back to top Go down
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel
Confucioun

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010, 14:00

BlueJackeL wrote:
anyone get an ipad yet? what are your thoughts?

i think eventually i might buy one. but will wait for gen2. at least with the iphone there was a huge difference between gen 1 and 2. plus i have no real great need for an ipad besides that it seems pretty cool.
i have one thats why i wasnt so much online at psn Smile IT FACKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Number of posts : 1463

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010, 08:57

I just purchased a iMAC today, its not bad, the screen is huge and looove the picture... Came with a wireless keyboard, which I hate because it's sooo small..... Im now having problems with programs that were supposed to be installed and they aren't...... Now I gotta try to figure out how to do everything.... BEURK
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010, 16:44

ipad is garbage. no multi tasking. no picture taking ability. no tv output. I think apple wasted a lot of money developing a piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Number of posts : 1463

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010, 18:19

On second thoughts, just needed to do a bunch of updates and it works like a charm!!!
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010, 18:53

lol.....so I dont really have a cell phone, is it work getting since most good phones now come with a 30 dollar charge per month to use the freaking internet? I mean that is 360 a year or should I look into a shittier phone (I was going to get a driod for 50 bucks and the 49 a month plan) any input?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did anyone get an ipad?   did anyone get an ipad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

did anyone get an ipad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Lobby-
Jump to: