Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Winter Olympics - Page 2 Empty

Winter Olympics

Go down 
+7
thuder87
HeadTeam3
arthurinvisible
TimeSlinger
Vish_88
applc
BlueJackeL
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who will win the Mens Hockey gold medel this year?
Canada
Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_lcap69%Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 69% [ 11 ]
Czech Republic
Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Finland
 0% [ 0 ]
Russia
Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Sweden
 0% [ 0 ]
Switzerland
 0% [ 0 ]
United States
Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Other
Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Number of posts : 1463
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010, 16:39

Game for gold is at 3:00pm EST
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 01:19

No really, how do you watch ice hockey on TV and not lose the puck every time more than one person goes near it...........
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 01:33

Comes with experience my friend. lol
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 01:49

Ok, so i'm guessing Canada didn't want to concede with 25 seconds left? I sure need more experience at this hockey thing... he he
Back to top Go down
edjd9996
Captain
Captain
edjd9996

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 01:55

congrats canada
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 01:57

Booo was looking forward to penalties lol
Back to top Go down
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 02:16

mattyla wrote:
Booo was looking forward to penalties lol

me too!

damn that crosby! US got very lucky to even get into overtime though. many shots off the goal post by Canada in the 3rd. also, US needed to work on their passing in the middle of the ice. seemed very sloppy.
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 04:26

WOOOHOOOOO!!! CANADA WINS THE GOLD!!... Damn, I cannot tell you how nervous I was! As soon as it went into overtime, I told myself, there it goes, USA wins, but damn that CROSBY kid!!!

OHH CCCAAANNNAAAADDDAA!! ッ

God, I love my country! ...

14 GOLD MEDALS now..

USA = 10...

HAHA!
Back to top Go down
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 05:13

overall: USA - 37, NEW RECORD!
ummm... Canada a mere 26 Razz
Back to top Go down
gettin_jiggy
Major
Major
gettin_jiggy

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 06:45

I find it kind of funny that most Canadian Olympians live in the USA ; Hell, most Canadian move down here anywhere. I can't blame them, I hate the cold weather but It does look like a beautiful place to go enjoy the outdoors.

Good game, Could have gone either after that insane last goal under a minute. Canada had way too many opportunities and Miller is only a mortal.
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 08:35

... Head Team, you guys can keep the silver and bronze, we'll take the golds.. hehe.

Canada isn't for everybody. It's a beautiful country, with a lot of space. Most athletes live in USA because they too, probably enjoy the heat, and when you make millions, why live in Canada, when you could live in California or something like that. But they are still Canadians. ッ
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 14:42

it was an amazing game.
i thought usa did a lot better than the first game in that they werent completely dominated the whole game, however canada was prepared this time for their quick runs and were so physical and aggressive in the beginning. i cant believe usa got the equalizer with just 30sec left and i thought that the OT conditions would suit USA better, but canada was hungrier for the victory. they had so much energy! congrats =)

although i just wish it wasnt crosby that scored the winner! he is such a baby in the NHL ever since ovechkin became the best and most popular. still, canada was supposed to be there. USA was not. so my hat goes off to USA, where hockey is an afterthought but we still pushed the worlds best to OT.
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
applc
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 16:30

That was a great game eh? It could have gone either way, and it was a blast to watch! Either team could have won, and the two best hockey nations in the world gave it their all. Add to that it was the last competition of the games......what more could you ask for??? Good f'in game, good entertainment!

Of course as a Canadian I'm happy with the result, but my hats of to USA. They played a great game. We'll see you again in four years in Russia! Kudos to the USA too for hauling in so many medals! I'd say a great Olympics all round. Cheers!

cheers
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Mar 2010, 21:17

Blu you're pretty much echoing what the BBC commentators were saying, laying in to that Crosby guy for being gash all tournament long. Then they summed up with 'Canada won the gold, but USA were the winners' ha ha.
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 01:31

BlueJackeL wrote:

although i just wish it wasnt crosby that scored the winner! he is such a baby in the NHL ever since ovechkin became the best and most popular. still, canada was supposed to be there. USA was not. so my hat goes off to USA, where hockey is an afterthought but we still pushed the worlds best to OT.

Riddle me this....what the f*ck has ovechkin ever won?! Sid has won a Stanely Cup as the youngest captian ever and also now a gold medal in 8 months, he is 22 years old and has more pressure on him than anyone else in the world and he handles it with humility and a level head. The point of the game is to win and thats what crosby does. Big time players come through in the big time, where was ove?
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 01:41

thuder87 wrote:
BlueJackeL wrote:

Riddle me this....what the f*ck has ovechkin ever won?! Sid has won a Stanely Cup as the youngest captian ever and also now a gold medal in 8 months, he is 22 years old and has more pressure on him than anyone else in the world and he handles it with humility and a level head. The point of the game is to win and thats what crosby does. Big time players come through in the big time, where was ove?

An ice hockey player has more pressure on him than anyone else in the world...... errrr
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 12:05

thuder87 wrote:

Riddle me this....what the f*ck has ovechkin ever won?!

why so serioussssssssssssssss!
(i counter your batman forever quote with a dark knight quote!)

to answer tho... ove won the ROY and the MVP/MOP awards the last two years running. hockey is a team game, and sid was a part of great teams when he won the team awards (gold and stanley). at the same time, i am not denying that sid is a great indivisual player as well.

but my post was never about the skill level of sid or the achivements him or ove have accomplished. its about sid being a weenie. for you football (world, not american version) fans. crosby = crysby = crynaldo. get the picture?

im a very casual hockey fan, so im sure thuder is gonna go boinkers and spew crazy stats and recite the history of pittsburgh penguin pride on me. ill be way in over my head.
affraid Sleep affraid Sleep
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

Number of posts : 826

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 15:37

Janie007 wrote:

OHH CCCAAANNNAAAADDDAA!! ッ

Sing it girl! Cool
Back to top Go down
applc
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 15:58

Sorry Blue, I gotta go with Thuder on this one. And it's not because I'm Canadian. Hell I don't even like Sid. Having said that, he has won Olympic gold, a Stanley Cup, and the World Juniors. He wins at every level. And his team has always beaten Ovie's team when it counts. They absolutely destroyed Russia in the gold medal world Juniors (he even knocked Ovie out of the game), and they embarrased Russia this year at the Olympics....where Ovechkin was supposed to be the team leader.

If you want to match up skills alone, one-on-one, I'll give a strong edge to Ovechkin. He's a scoring machine, and a beast when it comes to solid checks. But you said it yourself, hockey is a team game, and Ovechkin just doesn't seem to have what it takes when the chips are down. And yes, Sid has always been part of a great team. But so has Ovechkin. Russia was a great team this year, and the Capitals have been a great team for a couple of years now. It's hard to argue which team is better. Yet Sid wins and Ovechkin loses. There's something to be said for the intangibles (heart, drive, determination).

Anyway, this debate could go on forever. Suffice it to say, Ovechking and Crosby are arguably 1 and 2 in the world when it comes to hockey.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 21:03

LOL, i never said that crosby a bad player, dunno why thuder and applc are posting reponses as such. =P

what i did say is that crys-by is a cry-naldo. thats just it IMO. awesome set of skills for both in their respective sports. but both a weenie soft complaining players. its funny that mattty said that the BBC echoed my same sentiments. its not like they give a damn about hockey here or wanted usa over canada or vice versa, yet still came to the same conclusion. Razz
Back to top Go down
applc
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 21:14

BlueJackeL wrote:
LOL, i never said that crosby a bad player, dunno why thuder and applc are posting reponses as such. =P

what i did say is that crys-by is a cry-naldo. thats just it IMO.

I have to 100% agree with you on that one! Biggest whiner I ever did see!
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 00:40

I didnt mean for the ! point to mean anything, I am not fired up yet Wink (I forgot my smiles) Im just saying ove is like allen iverson in my eyes, scorer sure, but look at how many times the guy fires it at the net.....as for scoring, they are tied with 42 goals each this year so far....and matty, that maybe a lil dramatic, but canada was heavily favored to win gold this year and after losing to the americans, it was panic city and people (canadians I mean Wink ) were up in arms (maple syrup I mean)....he handles all the pressure all the time as for the BBC he had 2 pointless games....I mean he only scored the game winning goal that gave his country the goal medal....no big deal. And gash? really, he also scored the only shootout goal against the swiss to give canada the win....i mean translate it to futbol man, its damn impressive

plus you want a good statistic....I believe that sid was this year 7 for 7 in shootout goals crazy good.....also, crosby has 18.6% of his goals shot go in the net compared to 14.8% for ove....but like applc said this debate would go back and forth if ove ever wins anything.
Back to top Go down
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 01:33

thuder87 wrote:
were up in arms (maple syrup I mean)....

lol!
Back to top Go down
applc
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 05:37

Hey take it easy there....we take our maple syrup serious up here! Spread that shit all over beaver tails in Quebec. Those french people go crazy for that shit. It's quite good eh?
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Mar 2010, 00:46

no no, I love Canada cheers I once bought lunch at Wendys, gave them a 20 and i got 23 dollars in change back!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics   Winter Olympics - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Take a Break-
Jump to: