HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Name Origins.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Name Origins.   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 08:21

I thought it would be cool to have this, sort of like a get to know kinda topic/thread. After all, it was pretty cool to see on my old clan's site. Basically, you explain if you want how you came up with your PSN ID or forum ID.

Sunfire93:
Before I ever got my PS3, I absolutely loved my gamecube. One game in particular was X-Men Legends (Apocalypse one). So, I had a favorite character, a nobody character named Sunfire, he was awesome. The 93 is just my year of birth. Many people mistake the name for the Pontiac Sunfire '93, which it's not.... Evil or Very Mad

Sorry if this thread was already posted, didn't see it anywhere here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 12:56

Der = German for 'The'
Chrisi = Nickname for Christian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janie007
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 1463
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 16:53

Janie= My actual name, not pronounced like Americans or anyone else says it, but it's fine. After 2 years of everyone calling me Jaynee, ... I don't bother correcting them lol.

007= Didn't know what else to put, and this is actually my fiance's ps3, I just wanted to make an account, but turns out I started playing instead lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Mon 30 Nov 2009, 23:21

I used to be oprahs_minge. I wish I could still log onto that account. That's from a South Park episode and on RFOM it was funny to read "You were killed by Oprahs_minge". episode is called 1000 little fibers. I recommend watch it.

I came up with TimeSlinger when I wanted to have better stats on RFOM. K:D basically. My brothers and some of their friends used to call me Slinger. Came from them watching me play basketball and how I could Sling up 3pointrs. Sligner was taken, so I threw Time on front of it, becasue it was a cool thing to do.

Sorry not as in depth as hkns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mother-fudger
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 00:17

well to be honest i never made my account, ed did. We were creating a new account because edjd9996 sounds a bit wierd. So my dad wanted mother-fucker. because people kept killing him, didnt let him have it then came up with mother-fudger. Then he created more accounts and kept playing on ed. Then i took over as mother-fudger.

edited by ed
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 01:44

Well I didn't really care about my PSN name, as I wasn't a fan of online gaming that much.
so when I created my PSN I just thought of some games I liked & just like the sound of UnrealCalibur.(for those that didnt work them out Unreal Tournment & Soul Calibur).
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 02:41

UnrealCalibur wrote:
Well I didn't really care about my PSN name, as I wasn't a fan of online gaming that much.
so when I created my PSN I just thought of some games I liked & just like the sound of UnrealCalibur.(for those that didnt work them out Unreal Tournment & Soul Calibur).

Better than tournament soul. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 826

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 05:14

I took my name from my son's favourite movie Arthur and the Invisibles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeadTeam3
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 05:19

i got my name from the tennis company i used to be sponsored by... sadly, yes, it was called Head Tennis Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
needamedic1977
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Tue 01 Dec 2009, 09:41

Well, I made mine in R1 when i kept seeing other names of people who were killing me. So i wanted to make a name up that was funny to see when ugot killed by me. I wanted to be u_need_a_medic but settled for needamedic1977. Its funny though, because people always turn it around on me, but its all good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuder87
General
General

Number of posts : 2173

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Wed 02 Dec 2009, 00:53

yea, or in killzone they are always yelling for an actual medic, i think thats funny

most of you know I made mine whilst drinking, suppossed to be Thunder, didnt even cap it or spell it right and my dumbass lil bro didnt correct me (he was helping with the router since i couldnt quite figure it out drunken )....

anyway name came from college football, I was an inside linebacker and I loved to hit people.....originally I was 'son of thunder' in highschool as my dad is 6'3'' and about 250, i thoughthe was literally the guy who played conan, he could bench 290, 20x in a row.....all my friends were very afraid of him, it was a riot when my buddy referred to him as thunder at my wedding, he had no idea that was his nickname. so in college the renamed me thunder after i had to run during practice for hitting the running back 2 plays in a row (laid him out) and it was supposssed to be thud (hit and hold the guy up)

We Shadows have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Shadows: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuder87
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Wed 02 Dec 2009, 00:54

TimeSlinger wrote:
I used to be oprahs_minge. I wish I could still log onto that account. That's from a South Park episode and on RFOM it was funny to read "You were killed by Oprahs_minge". episode is called 1000 little fibers. I recommend watch it.

I came up with TimeSlinger when I wanted to have better stats on RFOM. K:D basically. My brothers and some of their friends used to call me Slinger. Came from them watching me play basketball and how I could Sling up 3pointrs. Sligner was taken, so I threw Time on front of it, becasue it was a cool thing to do.

so thats why big mix always called you ophra, haha

We Shadows have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Shadows: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Wed 02 Dec 2009, 01:59

thuder87 wrote:
TimeSlinger wrote:

so thats why big mix always called you ophra, haha

Yup. Still does to this day. I can't remember for sure but I had like 90K+ kills with oprahs_minge and I have almost that many with TimeSlinger. I used that account back in the day when RV just got togther. Besides Ref's family I was the first RV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(§) Wolftatoo
Major
Major

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Thu 03 Dec 2009, 03:35

Mine is simple. I have a wolf tatoo on my right upper arm. Smile I have acually used "wolftatoo" since the internet was practically born for any account I have created. (wolftatoo@excite.com, wolftatoo@gmail.com, wolftat00@yahoo.com, and many more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuder87
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 01:17

easy to get a hold of huh wolf.....I was going to use qball for basically the same reason, i use it for everything, i had to give my e-mail addy to corporate today, and i had to spelll and say it like 3 times, everyone was laughing at me.....qball87@yahoo.com thats why i always use 87 as well, so i can remember stuff, 86 was my football number, but wouldnt you know qball86 was taken, SOL I guess, so i picked 87....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 01:29

mine was created by my brother, in his earlier days he played Runescape, and his name was hades something. but this one is a palendrome (maybe spelled wrong lol) its the word hades frontwards and backwards Seda-H-adeS, i kinda liked the creativity of this name so i kinda jus took over his psn lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuder87
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 01:30

Thats pretty cool, i never actually noticed that before....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sedahades
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 01:33

lol i always wondered why jiggy kept callin u thunder lol now i kno, i thot it was actually meant to be thuder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 826

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 19:56

drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
(§) Wolftatoo
Major
Major

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 02:53

VERY drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
applc
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 06:52

I have no imagination. So I just took the first letter of every word in the company's name that I work for. $20 to anyone who can figure out the name of the company! I'm serious. Jjjjj-ah-nee (Janie) might be the only one who could ever come close to figuring it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edjd9996
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Sun 13 Dec 2009, 02:38

applc wrote:
I have no imagination. So I just took the first letter of every word in the company's name that I work for. $20 to anyone who can figure out the name of the company! I'm serious. Jjjjj-ah-nee (Janie) might be the only one who could ever come close to figuring it out.

african petroleum plc thats my guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
applc
Captain
Captain

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 19:50

Not even close ed, but how about $1 for guessing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 21:05

American Presidents Pirating Little Countries inc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://comparethemeerkat.com
Janie007
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 1463

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   Wed 16 Dec 2009, 21:07

mattyla wrote:
American Presidents Pirating Little Countries inc.

Hahaha! That's worth 10$ lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name Origins.   

Back to top Go down

Name Origins.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next