Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Slim PS3s & data backup Empty

Slim PS3s & data backup

Go down 
+4
Vish_88
edjd9996
TimeSlinger
mattyla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 19:56

Ok so, with the launch of the Slim PS3 today (at least I think it was today, well maybe in the UK anyway, no doubt the Japanese and Americans have had it for months already, but I digress) what I really want to know is:

When I make the inevitable change from Chunky to Slim (ie. when my current PS3 ceases to function) how do I get my save games and shit on to my new PS3? More specifically, how do I get save games that are copy-protected (which i'm noticing on more and more of the newer games) from one PS3 to another?

I can't put them on a USB stick and transfer them across - will they be lost forever?
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 22:37

mattyla wrote:
Ok so, with the launch of the Slim PS3 today (at least I think it was today, well maybe in the UK anyway, no doubt the Japanese and Americans have had it for months already, but I digress) what I really want to know is:

Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
edjd9996
Captain
Captain
edjd9996

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 23:10

ok matty sorry can't help you but i did buy a slim today for my daughter so now we have 3 ps3s. my poor wife
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 00:29

edjd9996 wrote:
ok matty sorry can't help you but i did buy a slim today for my daughter so now we have 3 ps3s. my poor wife

You poor wife? what our your internet connection? It's turning into a whore!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 00:30

Yeah, I had problems transferring UFC fight data to another profile. Didn't work. Maybe if you can somehow copy your PS3 hardrive to your comp, and then copy to the new HDD?
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 00:49

i'm not sure. maybe you can transfer it with a data backup. but you need a external HDD for it.
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 19:47

Cool you'd have to explain to me how to do that Chrisi, but isn't that just the same as copying it on to a USB stick?
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 22:14

i had to do it when i changed from my 40 GB HDD to a 320 HDD.

you need a external HDD which is formatted in FAT32.
that's the main problem. most external HDD's are formatted in NTSC. so if you have one, you have to change it from NTSC to FAT32 (if you have data on your external HDD you have to save it on a computer or something, because when you format the external HDDeverything will be deleted). you can find those programs when you google a bit. then you can make a data backup, thats a option in your PS3 system settings.

if you really think about to do this PLEASE ask a person who knows more about it, because the german could explain it a lot better in german. Neutral
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 22:25

like chrisi said, its easy to swap your HD for a bigger one and retain all the data.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/127009/how-to-swap-out-and-upgrade-a-ps3-hard-drive/

http://gizmodo.com/216612/playstation-3-disk-too-small-swap-it-out-for-a-monster-drive

http://www.cnet.com.au/how-to-upgrade-your-playstation-3-hard-drive-339282375.htm

there are many more guides on the internet....
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 22:45

DerChrisi wrote:
i had to do it when i changed from my 40 GB HDD to a 320 HDD.

you need a external HDD which is formatted in FAT32.
that's the main problem. most external HDD's are formatted in NTSC. Neutral

with most HDD's you should get the choice of the older FAT32 file system when you format the drive, although sometimes you can only do it once when the drive is new
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 23:50

so has anyone in this forum purchased a new ps3 slim?
personal review on it?
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 17:20

BlueJackeL wrote:
so has anyone in this forum purchased a new ps3 slim?
personal review on it?

Ed purchased one for this daughter. and i'm not talking about fudger! Razz
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 17:35

lol, i guess it helps if i read the thread =P

so ed, you liken the slim?
Back to top Go down
mother-fudger
Colonel
Colonel
mother-fudger

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 18:40

lol slinger u fu***** crack me up.
Back to top Go down
edjd9996
Captain
Captain
edjd9996

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 02:08

it certainly takes up less room and is quieter although the fat ones not overly noisy but the slim does get hot round the back where the vent is and it blows on to the cables this is a concern for the wife who keeps thinking it's going to catch fire. bless her. but to be honest i've only used it once and not really noticed much difference sorry guys.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slim PS3s & data backup   Slim PS3s & data backup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slim PS3s & data backup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Lobby-
Jump to: