Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 Empty

OOS Football Fantasy League 2009

Go down 
+8
DerChrisi
TimeSlinger
Janie007
HeadTeam3
reavr
thuder87
mattyla
BlueJackeL
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 22:46

the draft for our OOS yahoo fantasy football league (american) will be on Sept 1st. so the last day to sign up is on Aug 31 !!! its autodraft, but you can set your pre-draft rankings to which gives you a better chance of drafting the players you want.

right now we only have 6 ppl, 2 more would be great. cmon ppl its easy, its fun, its free. this is open to anyone (worldwide)
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup
league ID: 211441
password: oos
league name: american soccer
Back to top Go down
https://shadows.forummotion.com
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 18:27

Razz I love the league name!! Razz
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 18:40

There are now 7 teams in the league.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 22:31

hooray! just one more now =)

cmon matty, you know you want to do it.... come to the dark side...
arthur dodel too....
chrisi......

=)
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 22:36

i thought about it, but i have no idea what american football is. only thing i know: men in protection suits play a game that looks like rugby ( i'm a rugby newb too ).
i would be no competition.
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 23:26

The thing is Chrisi that you don't have to know how or who is playing. It is a random draft and you really don't have to do anything. Your team will get picked and then it depends on how each player performs each week. If they get touchdowns, sacks, interceptions, ect. they score points for your team. I'm sure you know how that works. Get entered into the league, it will be fun..
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 01:09

OK i'm in, what do i have to do
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 13:19

very cool arthur!
i sent you an invite for the league to your gmx.com email address.
you should get a link and can sign up there.

like slinger said, its autodraft so you'll be assigned a starting squad.
you can then opt to add or drop players as you see fit.
each week you go 1v1 against another manager.
the aim is for your players to gain more points than your opponent.
you choose each week which players you will use, for instance you have 2 quarterback slots to fill, and may have 3 QBs in your roster to choose from.

you can rearrage your roster however you want, you could have 10WRs on your list, of course you have a 25player roster limit, and only play 6 or so WRs each week (according to the slots), so it might be a waste since you might not have enough players to fill the other slots.

if you have questions as the season goes on, just ask and we can try our best to fill you in. prb just see how the first week rolls and youll understand the system better at that point.
cheers!
-andrew
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 17:31

Ok done it still not sure whats going on but i've signed up and the 69'ers are gonna kick your asses
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 18:10

HaH the 69r's!! Razz Don't worry, arty. You'll get it figured out as we go, plus I won't rub it in when my BitchBeaters beat you down>!! Twisted Evil king

Fantasy Football Myths

In order to play fantasy football you have to follow the NFL and sports closely
. This is not true in anyway. Most every fantasy football website will provide you with more then enough information to play. Sites will rank players for you and provide you with historical stats so you can judge for yourself who to pick, or you can just let the system pick your team for you. Also, with about 20 minutes of research, you can go to any of the top sports sites and read the analysts suggestions for picks and news. Sure it helps to follow sports so that maybe you can find that one sleeper (player who not everyone knows about) but it is not necessary to be competitive in a fantasy football league.

I don't have time to play Fantasy Football. Everyone has time. If you have 10 minutes a week, you can play fantasy football. After the draft which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, there is very little you need to do. Each week you log in and check to make sure your best players are in the lineup for that week and that there is no major news about them and you are done. Sure, every league has that one guy who spends way too much time checking out players or checking match-ups but it is really not necessary.
You log in on Tuesday to see who has won your match-up and how your players did, then you log in on Friday to make sure your line-up is the way you want it and you are done. 5 minutes each, twice a week. Simple as that.

I don't want to waste my money. Fantasy football is free on just about every website. There are some sites that you can pay for upgrades or some leagues may put money in a pool but you don't need any of these upgrades and there are tons of free leagues to join.

I don't want to pull against my favorite team. If you are Chicago Bears fan, you can still pull for your team to win and play fantasy football, its not against the rules and Bears-Nation will not boot you as a fan if you pull for an extra touchdown from one of your players who happens to be on a rival team.

These are a few of the popular fantasy myths or excuses surrounding fantasy football but if anyone has anymore questions, concerns or comments to add please let me know and I will address them for you.

Fantasy football is fun, don't be scared of it.
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 18:15

TimeSlinger wrote:
HaH the 69r's!! Razz Don't worry, arty. You'll get it figured out as we go, plus I won't rub it in when my BitchBeaters beat you down>!! Twisted Evil king

Fantasy Football Myths

In order to play fantasy football you have to follow the NFL and sports closely
. This is not true in anyway. Most every fantasy football website will provide you with more then enough information to play. Sites will rank players for you and provide you with historical stats so you can judge for yourself who to pick, or you can just let the system pick your team for you. Also, with about 20 minutes of research, you can go to any of the top sports sites and read the analysts suggestions for picks and news. Sure it helps to follow sports so that maybe you can find that one sleeper (player who not everyone knows about) but it is not necessary to be competitive in a fantasy football league.

I don't have time to play Fantasy Football. Everyone has time. If you have 10 minutes a week, you can play fantasy football. After the draft which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, there is very little you need to do. Each week you log in and check to make sure your best players are in the lineup for that week and that there is no major news about them and you are done. Sure, every league has that one guy who spends way too much time checking out players or checking match-ups but it is really not necessary.
You log in on Tuesday to see who has won your match-up and how your players did, then you log in on Friday to make sure your line-up is the way you want it and you are done. 5 minutes each, twice a week. Simple as that.

I don't want to waste my money. Fantasy football is free on just about every website. There are some sites that you can pay for upgrades or some leagues may put money in a pool but you don't need any of these upgrades and there are tons of free leagues to join.

I don't want to pull against my favorite team. If you are Chicago Bears fan, you can still pull for your team to win and play fantasy football, its not against the rules and Bears-Nation will not boot you as a fan if you pull for an extra touchdown from one of your players who happens to be on a rival team.

These are a few of the popular fantasy myths or excuses surrounding fantasy football but if anyone has anymore questions, concerns or comments to add please let me know and I will address them for you.

Fantasy football is fun, don't be scared of it.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 18:17

Sorry Blu but i'm sticking to sports I know a bit about and actually have a remote interest in Smile
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 19:07

mattyla wrote:
Sorry Blu but i'm sticking to sports I know a bit about and actually have a remote interest in Smile

fairy sports!!

Blu, whens the draft getting kicked off??
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 19:16

Nevermind. I need to check my email first.
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009, 21:09

mattyla wrote:

I understand how you don't wanna get your ass kicked by the mighty 69'ers but those bitchbeaters will be a pushover Razz
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 01:26

lol, it coulda been a good chance to learn a new sport matty =)
no worries tho mate

so, the league is now set, we have an even number of teams.
ive closed the registration, and it says that the autodraft should occur within the next 72hrs lol

i guess when u choose autodraft it really is random, including the draft time haha, so set your pre ranks now!
peace
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 11:01

fantasy football season has officially started with yesterdays squeaker of a win for PIT over TEN. whoever has santonio holmes raked in some points.....

hkns, youre going down this week!
i think.....
LoL
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 07:06

Week 1 results!!!! Good match jiggy, brees pooped a golden egg with 6td passes!! A long season left to go. ARen't you glad you joined in arty?

Rank Team W-L-T Pct Pts Streak Waiver Moves
1. BitchBeaters 1-0-0 1.000 193 W-1 8 -
2. thuder87 1-0-0 1.000 183 W-1 2 -
3. hkns53 1-0-0 1.000 160 W-1 3 -
4. The 69'ers 1-0-0 1.000 145 W-1 4 -
5. GO_LONG_Jiggy 0-1-0 .000 151 L-1 7 -
6. reavrs mavricks 0-1-0 .000 143 L-1 1 2
7. BlueJackeL 0-1-0 .000 132 L-1 6 -
8. Janie007 0-1-0 .000 120 L-1 5 -
=
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 09:32

do that really mean that the UK is on 1st place??? Razz if yes, LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 16:50

DerChrisi wrote:

Naw, that's me in first place. Arty is the manager for the 69'rs.
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 18:25

TimeSlinger wrote:
DerChrisi wrote:

Naw, that's me in first place. Arty is the manager for the 69'rs.

thank god.
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 22:03

daym slinger, you rode AD and Brees lit it up last week...
i was following the game on yahoo.com, 6 freaking TDs????

this week you have a 1pt projected win over me, but they only assigned 9pts to brees wtf....
how am i gonna pull this one off.....

btw, congrats on the win last week hkns
=)
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 22:46

BlueJackeL wrote:
daym slinger, you rode AD and Brees lit it up last week...
i was following the game on yahoo.com, 6 freaking TDs????

this week you have a 1pt projected win over me, but they only assigned 9pts to brees wtf....
how am i gonna pull this one off.....

btw, congrats on the win last week hkns
=)

Ya, definately had a good week. It won't last long. bounce
Back to top Go down
BlueJackeL
Admin
BlueJackeL

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 08:29

Week 2 Results:

TimeSlinger 203 - BlueJackel 191
Jiggy 139 - thuder87
arthurinvisible 190 - reavr 130
Janie007 166 - hkns 152

Good games everyone! i cant believe dallas clark scored 27 on monday night football.... freaking time, you lucked out!
Back to top Go down
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
TimeSlinger

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 16:42

I looked at our match up yesterday and was going ohh fuck I'm gona loose this week. You had both defenses and I had one TE. I prayed for no fumbles, int, and sacks and that Clark would score many times. Boy did I luck out there. Nice match Manager Jackel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOS Football Fantasy League 2009   OOS Football Fantasy League 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOS Football Fantasy League 2009
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next