Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Welcome to the Isle of Man.... Empty

Welcome to the Isle of Man....

Go down 
+5
drumcrazy
Janie007
Vish_88
Podestiny
mattyla
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 22:04

....we're not all like this, I promise..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2406544.ece

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Manx-students-sign-up-to.5221483.jp
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
Podestiny
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Podestiny

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 07:11

well aparently some are
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 17:23

Eww. Disgusting kids. make them join the army and send em to Iraq or Afghanistan. That way they can learn to love the foreigners...
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 17:27

What would you do if you saw one of those students, Matty?
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 17:52

Well unless they walk around in white pointy hoods, it's hard to distinguish them Wink

Most of them are taking the piss, it's not a serious issue I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 18:28

LOL... Cloaks and Daggers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Number of posts : 1463
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 14:24

Wow is the only word I can come up with. Or, another one. Pathetic. haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 14:46

Yeah, but Lorana lives there too so it's certinaly worth a visit Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 15:26

Sorry Janie, forgot there are no racists in Canada, just cheese-eating surrender monkeys he he he Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drumcrazy
Major
Major
drumcrazy

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 18:57

The second largest KKK group in the world is 20 minutes away from my hometown in Kentucky.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-11-11-kkk-suit_N.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 20:15

I don't personally see the big issue. They have a right to opinion like everyone, just perhaps not made public so everyone can see it, that would be all i say..
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 20:27

Opinion, is fine. That's like freedom of SPEECH, not freedom to beat the shit out of someone because of their nationality. That's ridiculous. As of 2008 there are only about 6000 members of the Klan, compared to 1920. (40 000 members) But beating the crap out of a teenager because of his nationality is disguisting.
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 01:02

Fuck free speech. Racist bastards should not have that right. It's fucking great for white people over here, whereas people of different skin colours or anything else are getting fucked over, all because of this free speech bullshit.
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 16:59

You know, there is such a thing as positive discrimination, Vish. If a company without any coloured employees is hiring and a white man and a black man come to interview, why is it fair that the black man should get the job even if he isn't the best candidate?

How about the Muslim factions that protest about discrimination by blowing shit up and killing innocent people, be they white, black, yellow, red, whatever. It's easy to see why people don't like those people and why such racism exists.

Swings and roundabouts, such as every political, ethical or ethnical debate. There's always 2 sides to every argument and you can always find some way of justifying anything to anybody!

This was a piss take post so stop getting so serious please Smile
Back to top Go down
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 17:29

Hey Vish, I wasn’t attacking anybody, I’m Italian/Native. I know what you mean. But racism isn’t a big factor here in Canada. Well at least not my part.

There is always going to be racism, weither it’s being white, being black, being native, asian. Doesn’t matter, not everyone can please everyone. And discriminating because of their skin colour is wrong.

What I meant by freedom of speech, is you’re allowed to base you’re opinion. We have that here. You can say whatever you want, it’s a right. No saying that you’re speech will be right, it might be considered racism, but you still have a right, as a Canadian/American citizen to the freedom of speech.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m tanned, (Bdawg called me a Mexican, lol), but I won’t hate white people, or Indian, or African-Americans, or Asians. That’s a respect you have to give. Some of them, unfortunately don’t have that respect.

If you don’t want to be a victim of racism, you have to have respect other nationalities. Not saying that this will work out, but as a person, you should be proud that you’re not being part of it.

If you keep hating the "white" people like you say, (not saying you hate them), you'll most likely be a victim. It has nothing to do with being fucked over. You have to walk with your head high, and not down for being Indian or any other nationality. Yeah, it sometimes sucks, but this is something that will never change. So you just gotta walk with your head up high, and show those white people that Indians can do it better.
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 18:34

Janie007 wrote:
Hey Vish, I wasn’t attacking anybody, I’m Italian/Native. I know what you mean. But racism isn’t a big factor here in Canada. Well at least not my part.

There is always going to be racism, weither it’s being white, being black, being native, asian. Doesn’t matter, not everyone can please everyone. And discriminating because of their skin colour is wrong.

What I meant by freedom of speech, is you’re allowed to base you’re opinion. We have that here. You can say whatever you want, it’s a right. No saying that you’re speech will be right, it might be considered racism, but you still have a right, as a Canadian/American citizen to the freedom of speech.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m tanned, (Bdawg called me a Mexican, lol), but I won’t hate white people, or Indian, or African-Americans, or Asians. That’s a respect you have to give. Some of them, unfortunately don’t have that respect.

If you don’t want to be a victim of racism, you have to have respect other nationalities. Not saying that this will work out, but as a person, you should be proud that you’re not being part of it.

If you keep hating the "white" people like you say, (not saying you hate them), you'll most likely be a victim. It has nothing to do with being fucked over. You have to walk with your head high, and not down for being Indian or any other nationality. Yeah, it sometimes sucks, but this is something that will never change. So you just gotta walk with your head up high, and show those white people that Indians can do it better.

I know you were not attacking anyone, Janie Smile Sorry if it came across like that.

Freedom of speech is a great thing, and we can see that there are some countries deprived of that, and i see how bad it is without free speech. But, the problem is, that overe here are there is so much racism, and i would say it is mostly where is live in London, it is a joke. There are political parties such as the BNP are able to spread their hate through mainstream media, it gets to you. You see people repeating this shit, and it is just not a matter of holding your head up high.

I do hold my head up high, and am not afraid at any moment to show my Indianess (lol).

But...ummm... Enough of that rant. By the way, gots nothing against white people.
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 20:03

mattyla wrote:
You know, there is such a thing as positive discrimination, Vish. If a company without any coloured employees is hiring and a white man and a black man come to interview, why is it fair that the black man should get the job even if he isn't the best candidate?

How about the Muslim factions that protest about discrimination by blowing shit up and killing innocent people, be they white, black, yellow, red, whatever. It's easy to see why people don't like those people and why such racism exists.

Swings and roundabouts, such as every political, ethical or ethnical debate. There's always 2 sides to every argument and you can always find some way of justifying anything to anybody!

This was a piss take post so stop getting so serious please Smile

If i was the white guy i would be pissed. A company should always hire on a ability. But then, it is hard to make the black man believe that it was not down to discrimination.

No, it isnt. If someone says something to me, it is pure ignorance (and we take shots at the americans for it...). I think over 80% of English people cannot tell the different between Indians and Pakistanis. So racial abuse that is directed at Pakistanis, is directed towards me, an Indian, a Hindu and NOT a Muslim. I think ignorance is one of the main reasons that people are racists. Dumb fucks who want bother to find out anything for themselves, but believe a BNP leaflet.

Sorry for fookan up your thread Very Happy I let of some steam, and 'tis all good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 23:43

There are laws that make the company give the black guy the job. That's my point. I can see why some white people would be pissed off but then the white person is called a racist if he says anything. If he objected to another white guy getting the job over him, then he's just bitter. But if he objects to a black guy getting it, he's a racist. It's crazy!

On your point, I can't tell the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani by appearance, name, sound etc. Nor am I educated about the differences in Hinduism and Muslimismism lol but I wouldn't consider myself a racist if I called an Indian a Paki or a Paki an Indian or whatever.

As for the BNP, we would live in an oppressive society if they were not allowed to voice their opinions. It's only because they are so anti-mainstream that everyone dislikes them. But on the flip side, anyone who disapproves of their opinion also has the right to voice it, which is a good thing. That ties in with the whole freedom of speech thing,

Anyway, I could call you a racist cos you call me a scouser ha ha Smile
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 02:30

I just typed out a whole fucking message... Then my iPod crashes...GRRRR!!
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 19:02

mattyla wrote:
There are laws that make the company give the black guy the job. That's my point. I can see why some white people would be pissed off but then the white person is called a racist if he says anything. If he objected to another white guy getting the job over him, then he's just bitter. But if he objects to a black guy getting it, he's a racist. It's crazy!

On your point, I can't tell the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani by appearance, name, sound etc. Nor am I educated about the differences in Hinduism and Muslimismism lol but I wouldn't consider myself a racist if I called an Indian a Paki or a Paki an Indian or whatever.

As for the BNP, we would live in an oppressive society if they were not allowed to voice their opinions. It's only because they are so anti-mainstream that everyone dislikes them. But on the flip side, anyone who disapproves of their opinion also has the right to voice it, which is a good thing. That ties in with the whole freedom of speech thing,

Anyway, I could call you a racist cos you call me a scouser ha ha Smile

When people say Paki, they never mean it in a curious way, they mean it offensively, or well it has been for me. I would not like to be mistaken for a Pakistani, because Indians and Pakistanis have a history, and let's just say i do not like them or the country. I don't like people thinking i am one of them... It's just that, the word itself, is fine, it is just the way it is said, which i probably 90% of them time meant in a racist way.

Muslimismism lol... You twat Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 16:30

In my opinion Vish, Matty couldn't be more correct in the two long paragraphs he wrote. I also cannot tell the difference between someone who is Indian or Pakistani. Just like i cannot tell the difference with different cultures and religions all the time. Are you telling me you could tell a French person and an English person apart everytime? I don't think so. It's the same thing. I have never been educated to know the difference between cultures. Paki is an abbreviated word for Pakistan, it's not racist. It is racist when someone goes something along the lines of 'You stupid f****** p***' Thats racist but I don't feel you see it from my point of view. Like Matty said, you call him a scouser, thats just as racist as him calling you anything derogatory about your country or what ever. It works both ways. I could ramble on for hours and really express what I feel. But i'm not going to, because it could be deemed offensive. But thats a fact what i've just said. Whether anyone likes it or not.
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 18:58

To be honest, i probably can tell the difference between a lot of peoples nationalities and religions, by names... But that is me.

Lol, typical arguement. Paki is short for Pakistani, but that does not mean it is not racist. Like the word Nigger comes from Portugese, from Negro. Just because it itself is not a racist word, doesen't mean that when people say they do not mean it racist-lly (is that even a word?) It's like i was was just walking out of my school gates and i just heard someone say Paki... But no! He isn't racist! He think that i am Pakistani, and was simply enquiring as to what nationality i am. Don't give me that shit, Paki may be short of Pakistani, but that doesent mean shit. People say that in a racist manner, almost 90% of the time.

There is a difference between saying scouser and Paki, but you wouldn't know the difference. I say it because he supports Liverpool F.C, not because he is from Liverpool (i know your from the IOM matty lol) He calls me a Manc because i support Utd.

I do not think anyone here is racist at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 00:25

I wish you would see it from both sides. You see it from a very negative point of view. But ok, doesn't particularly matter to me.
Back to top Go down
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 01:50

I see it from the 14 years of racism point of view. I'd rather not have ever had this point of view, but i have had to experience all this shit.

If you were me for one day then you would not agree with anything you just posted. But, i cannot blame you, because you are not me and you can't know. You are not in the wrong, no-one is.
Back to top Go down
B-DAWG300
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
B-DAWG300

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 19:55

vish , you haven't seen anything yet, im discriminated based on my skin color and race, atleast when you grow up people will respect you and see all of your ability, but for me people will another n*gger. when people see me they automatically assume that im a useless black guy that will accomplish nothing with his life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/snip3rdawg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Isle of Man....   Welcome to the Isle of Man.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Isle of Man....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Take a Break-
Jump to: