Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Moral dilemma / Glitching Empty

Moral dilemma / Glitching

Go down 
+5
DerChrisi
thuder87
Sunfire93
Vish_88
mattyla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 23:31

First things first:

It's not a glitch getting in to the spawn area of the opposition on the Camborne CTF map. Everyone thinks it is, myself included, until they're shown how to actually do it. It's simply a case of jumping. Not glitching and i'm tired of being called a glitcher if I ever do it. It's not. I'm not.

However - moral dilemma... is it acceptable to do it, given the fact that you can only do it in one base, thus giving one team a specific advantage.

I can go and grab the opposition flag, bring it back to my base only to find our flag isn't there. So I jump up to the spawn area to keep it safe while my teammates retrieve our flag, but the other team can't do that with our flag in their base, leaving themselves vulnerable to attack.

Is that an unfair advantage for my team?

I've done it a few times, i'll admit it, but plenty of people do it, and it works for you and against you depending on which team you're on.

There's no real advantage in getting in to the opposition spawn area to kill them because sooner or later the guy you killed is gonna get wise to it.

But is it unfair to take the flag up to your own spawn spot when there's no flag exchange on?
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
Vish_88
Major General
Major General
Vish_88

Number of posts : 1156

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 23:35

If it is not a glitch, and if it is not against any rules, then it is your right to do whatever you want with that flag, take it wherever you want.
Back to top Go down
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Sunfire93

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 07:06

Technically it's an advantage for your team, since no matter what they try to do to retrieve their flag, they have no chance...
Back to top Go down
thuder87
General
General
thuder87

Number of posts : 2173
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 15:51

cant the other team jump up as well and just kill you while you are up there? if thats the case then yea, no problem if not then its a glitch in the game and no.....but if both teams can do it then im cool with it, as a matter of fact someone show me what we are even talking about, lol Wink
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 16:23

the point is that not everyone know this 'trick'. so i think it isn't fair. i know lot of 'jump tricks' in R2 too (u can't glitch in R2), but would never do it in a game.
Back to top Go down
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
arthurinvisible

Number of posts : 826

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 17:50

u can glitch in coop chrisi, u showed me the video on youtube, plus there is a glitch on the spire battlefield.

as for jumping into the spawn area of camborne i wouldn't do it, it is unfair glitch or not.
Back to top Go down
HitsFromABonG
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 18:22

Where is the spire glitch? i mean how do you do it?
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 20:38

the spire glitch didnt work since patch. now u die if u go into it.
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General
DerChrisi

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 20:40

arthurinvisible wrote:
u can glitch in coop chrisi, u showed me the video on youtube,

thats no glitch. thats riding on the marksman ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqx3D0lAa90
Back to top Go down
ECLiPZ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
ECLiPZ

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 21:36

If you were playing a clan battle in camborne it should be a 2 round game so both teams have a even chance!
Back to top Go down
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
mattyla

Number of posts : 1842

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 22:00

Well you don't change ends at half time do you !!

Thuder, both teams can do it, but obviously if i'm up there with the flag and you try to follow me, i'm just gonna shoot you in the face..

I think if we were ever doin a ctf clan battle i'd definitely refrain, but in a fuck around game that may be a different matter. You don't really get the chance that often anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://comparethemeerkat.com
Janie007
Major General
Major General
Janie007

Number of posts : 1463

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 23:47

I really thought it was a glitch, and I would get pissed off at people that would shoot me right when I spawn.

I admit, I did that the other night, but Bandog killed me as soon as I got up there.

I don't think it's right when you have the flag, last night, we spent about 20 minutes trying to get the opposit flag back to score, but the guy was on top. It was annoying and everyone left.

I don't think anyone should do it. It's quite easy to do, but I don't think it's right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moral dilemma / Glitching   Moral dilemma / Glitching I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moral dilemma / Glitching
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Lobby-
Jump to: