HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Resistance 3

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Did you buy R3?
Yes, I love it
60%
 60% [ 6 ]
Yes, it sucks
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
No, will get it eventually
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
No, passing on this one
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
thuder87
General
General

Number of posts : 2173
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Resistance 3   Wed 07 Sep 2011, 23:09

So I know there is already a thread, but since the game is out.......

I like it, it does take longer to rank up and instead of getting 15 skill points you get like two, there are a ton more "perks" to choose from, the taunts are freaking hilarious, I give poeple the double guns, it shows the person who killed you, so when I kill someone they get the double guns.....the games that I have played are cool, breach and chain reaction.....sunfire still kicks ass, Im average as usual, and unfortunately there is no clan, though you can make a tag, I am going to go with the original.......I like the game and as chrisi said the single player will be cool.

if you have any questions, post and I or someone will try to get back to you....when you get the game send me an invite....

oh there was a 600 MB download and seems to work pretty smooth for me...also there is a code that comes with the game, if you dont put this in, it will tell you to turn it on or buy one to unlock online play, I freaked out, but it was on the inside pamphlet.......

steve

We Shadows have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Shadows: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:38

Laaaaaaaaaaggg

I guess the EU servers aren't online until Friday?!

Also there is still a problem like in the demo with freezing.

I'm sure those problems will be rectified & when they are this will be a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://comparethemeerkat.com
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:36

mattyla wrote:

I'm sure those problems will be rectified & when they are this will be a great game.

and when that is done, i'll buy it. Very Happy i dont understand sonys and IGs decision to throw a unfinished game on the market... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Fri 09 Sep 2011, 14:48

Every game that has ever been released is unfinished... when was the last time you didn't have to download a patch the first time you put the disc in? I can't remember any major games where that hasn't happened...

Patch 1.02 says it has fixed some lag/framerate issues, but IMO there are still plenty more to be fixed, unless it's more down to server capacity being maxed as it is a new release. I dunno...

I still hate the way your character climbs a ladder & also all these unlocks from myresistance.net, you seem to have to play some wanky game in Facebook to achieve them? Not sure but i think that's right..

Just get the game Chrisi else I might actually be better than you Cool
Back to top Go down
HitsFromABonG
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 10 Sep 2011, 01:55

hi, i played today and it confirms the reason i gave up games. lag and no skill required. Rant over, ill probs see some of you on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:02

mattyla wrote:
Every game that has ever been released is unfinished... when was the last time you didn't have to download a patch the first time you put the disc in? I can't remember any major games where that hasn't happened...

Patch 1.02 says it has fixed some lag/framerate issues, but IMO there are still plenty more to be fixed, unless it's more down to server capacity being maxed as it is a new release. I dunno...

I still hate the way your character climbs a ladder & also all these unlocks from myresistance.net, you seem to have to play some wanky game in Facebook to achieve them? Not sure but i think that's right..

Just get the game Chrisi else I might actually be better than you Cool

i agree with u matty about the unfinished games. but this time its crazy. two 650mb patches. i mean, thats nots not a patch, thats a whole game. Laughing

the MyRes stuff will come later and then u can log in with ur psn account. i have all the MyRes stuff but i couldnt use it anymore.

in my opinion, the R3 multiplayer will never be running smooth. in the whole beta it was laggy and now , 1 and a half months later, its still laggy. framerate is terrible.

@ Hits: no one would buy a 'skill required' game like counter strike. these times are over Neutral now its all about the equipment, killstreaks, perks..... Rolling Eyes

i mean, in R3 u get these leapers when u die... Rolling Eyes martydom was bad, but this... like, now u drop 4 martydom grenades when u die and they run behind the enemy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuder87
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 10 Sep 2011, 16:38

haha, leeprs drive me crazy, but you have to look at it as a disadvantage, if they dont hit or kill you and you kill them your team gets extra 40 points in TDM......yea, I just downloaded another 650 MB patch, thought it was a mistake, but it wasnt, there are 2 and I freeze once every couple days, but there are freeze moments in every game, esp when you are shooting at more than one player....

I really like the campaign and co-op campaign, the story is awesome and it is fun to play. I like the multiplayer, lots of medals to try and get....so that will keep me busy, plus the double bird taunt is not gettinmg old. haha

We Shadows have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Shadows: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:09

You do realize that it's not 'another' 650 MB patch, it was just an overwrite, they expanded on the game data and just required you to overwrite the previous patch, all in all it was prob only 25-50 MB.

I'm sick of this crap saying R3 is not a skill game when it is, are people telling me that you can compare R3 gameplay to the likes of a CoD game? There is no possible way one person can run into a room with 2-3 guys and kill them all without some kind of support. That's what this game is, support and teamwork. Anyone realize the skills in this game? Jammer, Radar, Heal Beacon, Bubble Shield, Scanner, Ammo, Team Player, even Leapers to cause distractions. IMO, yes Leapers are annoying at lvl.1, but they are simple to maneuver away from and you can even place bubble shields to prevent them from hitting you. Also, you can actually win a gun fight when someone starts shooting you in the back, it takes 10-12 shots to kill. Easily counter-able by placing a heal or bubble and turning around. Heck, they even reduced 40mm grenade damage so it's not a 1-hit kill, even with the upgraded 3 40's, unless it hits a corner somewhere. As far as I know, killing leapers don't count towards your team's score.

Anyways, why would someone use Leapers when they can get the Hazmat suit at a higher level, you sacrifice, what? 2-3 kills from leapers for a suit that will cause less explosive damage and no fire or poison damage. Priceless. Turrets can also get rid of the leapers, simple.

In my 9 hours of playing, I have not had to hard reset my system. None at all. Yes, there is the occasional frame rate drops, but whatever, not every game is perfect. I thought they did a great job in this game, a CoD player could not simply pick this game up and excel like normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Confucioun
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:16

2 words: Resistance3 sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sun 11 Sep 2011, 14:02

I like it, although it is a shame that there is no clan system anymore and no custom match that the other 2 Resistance games had so a bit like the COD games.

Thank fully the game play still fells like a Resistance game all in all a thumbs up for me
Back to top Go down
mar-was_82
Private
Private

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Mon 12 Sep 2011, 03:20

i still think that R! was the best one but will guve this a chance as soon as the lag will stop Smile coz now it's a nightmare
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSlinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:55

I agree Sun. This aint no noob game.

I hate the lag. Wouldn't have suspected that from a resistance game. I'm all over with this game. I've done well in quite a few matches and then not a damn bit of good in others. This has to do with the support thing. crappy teammates= crappy score for u.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Tue 13 Sep 2011, 23:26

TimeSlinger wrote:
I agree Sun. This aint no noob game.

I gotta disagree with this, if I can hop in to a game with no teammates or support and slap 35 kills down in a TDM or top the boards in chain reaction or breach, why do you need 'support'?

Obviously every game is different, and everyone gets their ass kicked every now and again, but since day 1 I would play TDM and do well. It's too easy. And what is this 40-50% accuracy all about?! With a bullseye!? Spraying the fuckin bullets everywhere and hitting one in two, no way.

Saying all this, I love the game online, but just wish they would hurry up and iron out the bugs they released it with and like Thuder says all the ribbons and remnant levels will keep it goin for ages.

One question - anyone know how many people worldwide are actually playing it? Check out your leaderboards, I personally have a fairly average playing time in the week it's been out but for Total Beserks i'm like 2000 in the world, total kills and ribbons around the same if not higher. That just substantiates that the game is full of noobs IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 00:47

Congratulations if you can just jump into a game and drop 35 kills. Not an easy task, but really, at some time in that game, you must say to yourself, Are these guys that bad or am I that good and it should be a little bit of both if you trust in your ability. I'll say it now, no matter what game CoD, Resistance, Battlefield, etc. or any game mode CTF, Breach, Meltdown, CR, anything. I expect to do well, beyond well. Am I cocky? Yes, I'll admit it, but it's because I trust in my skill/ability to aim and play smarter than most of the players that play shooters. And with that, do I go negative? Yes, it's possible. Do I break even? Yes, more than a few times. Do I barely come out positive? Indeed, I do. And why is that? Because people played smarter than my group, they ran in better packs, they used team perks, they knew their way around the map, they knew how to shoot, evade and outsmart people, ultimately leading to their killstreaks. Would I describe them as not having any skill? They obviously had it in order to stop me and my group.

An organized bad team will beat any lone ranger, anyday. No matter what. Now, if you're happy with your 35 kills and whatever your k/d count is....What's your W/L to games? I'm not proud of mine in TDM 36 wins - 36 losses. However...Breach and CR I'm at about 16 wins-4 losses? Because when I play with my group, I play better, I have fall guys, I have people I can rely on to do better. We're organized, we have O and D people, we have call-outs, we know which directions to go, and we know tactics.

We have more experience than most people, better skills than most people, but we meet our matches more than likely and we don't play better than them, they beat us. Is it because we're bad and have no skill? I don't think so. Did they play better and have better skill sets than us? More than likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 09:50

health beacon, body armor, atomizer (wraith with aimbot), deadeye secondary, rate of fire from the rossmore, bubble shields, radar beacon, turrets, leapers, berserker ....

i dont wanna say it is a noob game, but for experienced players like everyone in this forum here, it is way easier to play than rfom ranked.

in my opinion, the multiplayer will die pretty quick, because the game is unbalanced.

newbs will always get raped, cus they new to online gaming and they dont know how to use the abilities and attributes.

anyways, i hope IG will finish the game so i can buy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SupremeHitman
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:34

Very unlikely to buy resistance 3 unless it's something spectacular, don't really have time for games these days. Just thought i'd bob by and say hi to everyone and hope your all well, my real name (for if you don't know) is Jack White so feel free to add me on facebook if you want to keep in touch. Take care all and hope you enjoy R3 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arthurinvisible
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 826

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:48

which Jack White? study

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 15:00

@ Sun

I would agree that if you have better players or more organised players, you're more likely to win. That's just common sense.

My TDM win ratio is about 50/50 same as you, but I don't hunt in packs. That works better in objective games obviously, and your win ratio is probs better than mine in breach and CTF etc.

But if a lone gunner can help his team to win 50% of the games, is it because the rest of my team was more organised than the rest of the other team, or is it because the game is too easy? Irrelevant really, I spend more time near the top of the scores than the bottom and that's what it's all about. If your team still loses, then at least you put in a good score.

The players who hunt in packs have distorted figures anyway because they can be dragged through games by their teammates. Someone who always plays parties will have better stats than a lone runner, doesn't make them any better at the game though. If a good player has a bad game amongst 7 other good players, he'll still show a win on his record. If a lone player has a bad game where usually his score would be crucial to the outcome, then he might well show a loss.

Anyways, like I say, it's irrelevant. Chrisi is right that it's way easier than R1 ranked. It's also way easier to get consistently good scores than any CoD game I own.

Are you still on my buddy list sun, don't think i've seen you online at the same time as me for ages?
Back to top Go down
Sunfire93
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Thu 15 Sep 2011, 01:00

I think so, I just don't have much time to play these days. I log on for about 2-4 hours on weekdays around 7-8 PM my time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuder87
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 17 Sep 2011, 17:52

I am going to have to say that there is a nice bit of challenge to this game.....as with any game, there will always be tricks or ways to get a good k/d, but as many of you know I could care less, I just want to win......for instance in trainyard if I am playing tdm, I get my sniper out and get a quick 2 kills, run across the board hit the cloak or shield, switch to bullseye....melee if cloaked tear them up if shield, get the auger, pound them and mutate.....in terra forma or prison I love the automizer, flank a group, use the gravity well throw a grenade and use a turrent and bam I got my auger real fast.....

matty - your a good, skilled player, your good at every game......

chrisi - your crazy if you think the automizer is anywhere near the equvalient to the wraith bunny fuckers, it is easy to beat esp with moderate distance, the wraith had a huge reach.....

I agree with sunfire too, this game can be very fun and challenging esp when you have a group working together, shield, beacons ect, esp to play chain reaction ......

Also, just like with COD we get 6 or more from the clan and I dont lose all night long, not even to (X) people........I hope this doesnt die, though chrisi is right, noobs to this game get ass reamed hard, cause I really am starting to enjoy it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:06

wraith because its the same player move animation as from the r2 wraith. i know its a different weapon than in the beta. the reload is way longer too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mother-fudger
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Sat 17 Sep 2011, 20:51

I wont be paying this game online very much. Not because i dont like it, but because every time I try and play it i get disconnected. I t takes me ages to get into a game and when I finally do, 9 times out of 10 I cant respawn. Dont know why just hitting X it gets to auto-respawn and I still dont respawn and it just kicks me out. Even if I do respawn it takes 30 second everybody stopes moving 1 minute later I get disconnected. I get bad connection sometimes but not like this, so theres no point in me playing this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Mon 19 Sep 2011, 14:04

@ Fudger - if it's error 20000013 then try here:

http://www.myresistance.net/community/index.php?topic=4563.0"

Loads of people with these same problems. Haven't read the thread since I don't have the problem but hopefully there might be something useful there mate.

Patch 1.03 now out, I gotta say the lag and framerate has been greatly improved. When there's an absolute fuck ton of action all happening at the same time, it slows and becomes hard to tell wt is going on. Still room for improvment, but much better with 1.03.

Thud last night was so fun when you randomly put us in a free for all ha ha (especially so cos i won Smile)

Chrisi, I got matched in a game with Mister Laiho the other day, didn't look right you not being there either dude. Get this game Smile
Back to top Go down
DerChrisi
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:37

i was waitin for a price drop. i dont pay the full prize for a unfinished game. i think amazon.de knew that and they made the survivor edition fo 70€ today. couldnt resist... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyla
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:05

Good work Chrisi Smile

Is that where you get the Sentinel title and black ops skin? What else do you get with it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 3   

Back to top Go down

Resistance 3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PUBLIC :: Lobby-
Jump to: